Every detail was meticulously planned: from the countertop overhangs, to cabinet reveals and setbacks, to hidden wiring channels, to moulding intersections. The result is pure artistry.
The Great Opening Up
I love when people feature my designs on their websites! This wonderful open, bright space was originally a series of smaller dark rooms. The clients wanted a light, classic, functional great room in which to live and entertain. This was accomplished by:
- Eliminating a small butler’s pantry and opening the kitchen up to the formal dining room so that it would feel like a part of the living space
- Removing the wall with the cased opening that separated the breakfast nook from small bar area
- Moving the kitchen to the center of the new open space and putting in a large island with plenty of seating
- Integrating a bar area into the kitchen
- Moving inconvenient pantry storage from another room into accessible cabinets in the kitchen
- Introducing the clients to porcelain slab counters since they love marble but didn’t want the maintenance
- Laying out the rooms based on function as well as aesthetics and adding convenient storage organization in the cabinets
What you don’t see here is the creation of a laundry room in the old pantry location and an beautiful enlarged owner’s closet that is fully decked out with amazing cabinets. The closet took over the previous laundry location which was noisily located right off the family room.